ACTICOAT (product 20111) Moisture Control Dressing 2"x2" (with SILCRYSTÈ Nanocrystals) is an absorbent 3-layer dressing including a blue waterproof polyurethane layer. The dressing also consists of a nanocrystalline silver-coated polyurethane layer and a white polyurethane foam layer. The layers in ACTICOAT Moisture Control dressing provide an effective barrier to bacterial penetration. The dressing is indicated for use in light to moderately exuding partial and full thickness wounds. ¾ ACTICOAT Moisture Control may be left in place over a wound for up to 7 days. The waterproof film with visible strikethrough indicates when a dressing change is needed. Sold in a box of 10 individually wrapped dressing.
- Manufacturer: Smith & Nephew
- Product Name: ACTICOAT Moisture Control Dressing 2" x 2"
- Product Number: 20111
- MMO Product Number: 20111
- Size: 2 in. x 2 in.
- Packaging: Box of 10 dressings
ACTICOAT Moisture Control Dressing provides fast-acting, long-lasting antimicrobial barrier control. The sustained release of silver also means fewer dressing changes, resulting in less exposure of the wound bed to the environment.
Additional information as provided by the manufacturer.
- New ACTICOAT Moisture Control eliminates threats to healing.
- Powerful antimicrobial barrier protection.
- Waterproof film with visible strikethrough indicates when dressing change is required.
- Highly absorbent hydrocellular technology wicks away excess exudate.
- Patented nanocrystalline technology sets ACTICOAT apart with proven bactericidal activity.
- Non-adhesive wound contact layer allows minimal pain on removal.
- Extra cushioning maximizes comfort.
- Easy to apply and remove.
- No hydration or cover dressing required.
- Maintains shape for faster, cleaner dressing changes.
- Provides 7-day wear time.
- Provides fast-acting, long-lasting antimicrobial barrier control.
- Effective barrier which may assist in preventing contamination of the wound.
- ACTICOAT is versatile. The dressings can be cut to the desired shape and size to wrap around all body parts.
- The sustained release of silver also means fewer dressing changes, resulting in less exposure of the wound bed to the environment.
ACTICOAT Moisture Control Dressing is indicated for use in light to moderately exuding partial and full thickness wounds. including decubitus ulcers, diabetic ulcers, 1st and 2nd degree burns, and donor sites. ACTICOAT Moisture Control may be used over debrided and partial thickness wounds.
CONTRAINDICATIONS / PRECAUTIONS
- Do not use on patients with a known sensitivity to silver.
- Do not use on patients during MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) examination.
- For external use only.
- ACTICOAT Moisture Control is not compatible with oil-based products such as petrolatum.
- ACTICOAT Moisture Control may not be compatible with topical antimicrobials.
- Do not use ACTICOAT Moisture Control with saline.
- ACTICOAT Moisture Control is not compatible with oxidizing agents (eg. EUSOL) as these can break down the absorbent polyurethane component of the dressing.
- Avoid contact with electrodes or conductive gels during electronic measurements eg. EEG and ECG.
- If reddening or sensitization occurs, discontinue use.
ACTICOAT Moisture Control Dressings are not intended to provide treatment for infected wounds. ACTICOAT Moisture Control Dressings may be used on infected wounds which are being managed in accordance with institutional clinical protocols for infection abatement as an adjunct to the standard treatment regimen to provide a barrier to bacterial penetration.
This item ships For FREE!
Overnight or 2nd Day shipping is available on this item at an additional charge. View full Shipping and Delivery Policy.
This item will ship either UPS or USPS. Please provide a shipping address that can accept deliveries from either service.
Returns and Exchanges: You may return this item as long as it has been unopened and unused. Please carefully package your return to protect the product and the packaging. View Return Policy
While we cannot administer medical advice, our Customer Service Team members are available to assist you with the ordering of wound care or other medical supplies. Our toll-free number is 1-866-774-9513 Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm CST (7:00 am to 3:00 pm PST / 10:00 am to 6:00 pm EST). If you prefer to correspond by email, our address is email@example.com.