Note From Midtown Health's Customer Service Department:
It is important to always contact your physician and or wound specialist before starting any wound care therapy.
Additional Information Provided by the Manufacturer:
Allevyn Adhesive provides the advantages of Allevyn Hydrocellular dressings in a adhesive format for simple and effective fixation.
- Low allergy adhesive
- Tapered construction with micro-thin edges
- Unique trilaminate structure
- Perforated wound contact layer
- Highly absorbent central hydrocellular layer
- Waterproof outer film layer
- Full range of sizes
Convenient adhesive presentation
The wound contact layer of Allevyn Adhesive is coated with a low allergy adhesive which is designed to adhere well to intact skin, but not to wounds. The adhesive is non-irritating.
In-vitro studies and clinical experience demonstrate that Allevyn Adhesive dressings can stay in place for up to seven days. This capacity results from a combination of properties:
- The perforated wound contact layer allows even viscous exudate to pass into the dressing.
- The hydrocellular core of the dressing absorbs and holds liquid in its microscopic structure.
- The breathable outer surface of the dressing allows excess moisture to evaporate away from the dressing.
- The result is the formation of a wound environment, which allows wound closure to progress without the need for frequent dressing changes.
Moist Wound Environment
Allevyn Adhesive creates and maintains a moist wound healing environment at the wound surface, helping prevent eschar formation.
Profiled dressing edges
Allevyn Adhesive has a profiled cross-section, narrowing to micro-thin edges which helps ensure the dressing remains securely in place and prevents accidental removal by friction between the dressing and clothes and bedding.
Waterproof/Aids in the prevention of bacterial contamination
Allevyn Adhesive dressings are soft and cushioning, giving excellent patient comfort and protection.
- Allevyn Adhesive is indicated for exudate absorption and the management of partial to full thickness wounds. Some typical wounds are:
Ulcers (venous, arterial, diabetic)
Burns (1st and 2nd degree)
- Creation and maintenance of a moist wound environment. Moist wound environments have been established as optimal environments for the management of the wound.
- Provides physical separation between the wound and external environments to assist in preventing bacterial contamination of the wound.
- Do not use any Allevyn product with oxidising agents such as hypochlorite solutions (eg Dakins) or hydrogen peroxide, as these can break down the absorbent polyurethane component of the dressings.
- As with all adhesive products, some cases of irritation and/or maceration of the skin surrounding the wound have been reported. It should be noted that too frequent dressing changes, particularly on patients with fragile skin, may result in skin stripping.
- If reddening or sensitization occur, discontinue use and consult a healthcare professional.
- Allevyn Adhesive is not indicated for use on third degree burns.
Instructions for Use
Select an appropriate size dressing. Prepare and clean the skin around the wound. Skin Prep Protective Wipes may be used to protect fragile skin. Peel back the protector papers and anchor the dressing over the wound. Smooth the dressing into place, ensuring that the edges of the dressing are not wrinkled.
During the early stages of treatment, Allevyn Adhesive dressings should be inspected frequently; dressings can be left in place until exudate can be seen through the outer waterproof film layer and approaches 3/4" from the edge of the dressing.
To remove, lift one corner of the dressing and lift it gently away from the wound.
This item ships for FREE!
Overnight or 2nd Day shipping is available on this item at an additional charge. View full Shipping and Delivery Policy.
This item will ship either UPS or USPS. Please provide a shipping address that can accept deliveries from either service.
Returns and Exchanges: You may return this item as long as it has been unopened and unused. Please carefully package your return to protect the product and the packaging. View Return Policy
While we cannot administer medical advice, our Customer Service Team members are available to assist you with the ordering of wound care products or other medical supplies. Our toll-free number is 1-866-774-9513 Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm CST (7:00 am to 3:00 pm PST / 10:00 am to 6:00 pm EST). If you prefer to correspond by email, our address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Allevyn Dressings come in multiple shapes and sizes; non-adhesive and adhesive, border and borderless. To meet your personal requirements, Midtown Health offers Allevyn Adhesive Dressings in two sizes sizes: 3" x 3" and 5" x 5".
It is always important to sanitize your hands prior to dressing any wound. Sani hands antimicrobial hand wipes are pre-moistened hand wipes that cleanse and sanitize hands when soap and water are not available. The friction of the Sani hands wipe removes soil and bacteria and kills 99.99% of germs that helps reduce the risk of cross-contamination and the spread of infection.
Many of our customers have reported excellent results using Puracyn OTC (formerly named Microcyn OTC). Puracyn OTC is an innovative new approach to wound care promoting faster healing time. It is a non-irritating, pH-balanced wound cleanser for minor cuts, burns, irritations, and superficial abrasions of the skin.
After the wound has closed, proven scar treatments such as Cica-Care, Mepiform, or Kelo-Cote will improve the appearance of scars and prevent abnormal or excessive scar formation. Always consult your physician or wound care specialist before starting any wound care treatment program.
We also carry supplies for compression wrapping such as Comprilan, Elastoplast, and Jobst Cover-Roll.