Note From Midtown Health's Customer Service Department:
It is important to always contact your physician or wound specialist before starting any wound care therapy.
Gelocast® Original Unna's Boot Dressing is evenly impregnated with zinc oxide and calmine. The zinc oxide uniformly coats the 100% cotton base of non-raveling gauze for easy handling and molding to the limb for a semi-rigid cast. The calamine soothes irritated skin.
- Venous Stasis Ulcers
- Strains and Sprains
- As an after-cast
Features and Benefits:
- Dries quickly providing a semi-rigid cast
- Soothing calamine reduces skin irritation
- 100% cotton base does not unravel reducing wastage
- Provides high working pressure and lower resting pressure
- Uniformly impregnated, Gelocast® is easy to apply and remove
- Each bandage is sealed in a ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) bag to prolong shelf life
- Available in two sizes: 3 inch and 4 inch
Venous stasis leg ulcers generally occur as a result of a breakdown in the functioning of valves between major veins in the leg. With support from exterior compression combined with ambulation, the muscles and veins clear up the stagnant area that erupts into ulcers. Mobility is important for the ambulatory management of venous stasis ulcers and also for the protection of other healing wounds.
The Unna Boot's moisture and comfort make it an ideal first layer of this bandaging method. A second layer of self-adhesive bandage is recommended.
Please refer to the product label and/or packaging insert for full instructions on the safe use of these products.
Directions for Application:
1. With the foot at 90 degrees, wrap the bandage in spiral turns without pressure from the base of the toes stopping 1-2 inches below the knee. At the heel and ankle, pleats or tucks folded into the gauze may improve the smoothness of the application. Some practitioners wind a figure-eight at the ankle as an alternative wrapping method.
2. Wrap the leg with 50-75% overlapping layers, doubling back to ensure molding to contours of the leg. This covers the leg with at least 2 layers. As you wrap, smooth and mold the bandage with your hands.
3. Cover the Unna Boot with a gauze, adhesive, or tubular bandage to keep your clothing clean.
4. The Unna Boot can be left in place up to 7 days.
Warning: If skin sensitivity or irritation develops, discontinue use and consult a physician or healthcare provider.
Cotton Gauze impregnated with calamine, glycerin, zinc oxide, gelatin, imidazolidinyl urea, magnesium aluminum silicate, methyl, paraben, propyl paraben, simethicone, sorbitol, water
Flat rate shipping of $6.50 and all orders over $50 ship for free!
Overnight or 2nd Day shipping is available on this item at an additional charge. View full Shipping and Delivery Policy.
This item will ship either UPS or USPS. Please provide a shipping address that can accept deliveries from either service.
Returns and Exchanges: You may return this item as long as it has been unopened and unused. Please carefully package your return to protect the product and the packaging. View Return Policy
While we cannot offer medical advice, our Customer Service Team members are available to assist you with the ordering of Kelo-Cote or other medical supplies. Our toll-free number is 1-866-774-9513 Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm CST (7:00 am to 3:00 pm PST / 10:00 am to 6:00 pm EST). If you prefer to correspond by email, our address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
BSN-Jobst Gelocast® is available in two sizes: 3 inches x 10 yards or 4 inches by 10 yards. If you are interested in case quantity pricing, please call or email.
It is evenly impregnated with both zinc oxide and calamine for a semi rigid cast that is soothing and non-irritating to skin.
Derma Science offers their Primer Modified Unna Boot in two formulations: Primer Unna Boot with zinc oxide paste or Primer Unna Boot with Calamine and zinc oxide.
Sold by the individual box or by the case.
Many healthcare providers recommend applying an elastic adhesive bandage over the top of the Unna Boot. For this application, many of our clients prefer the 3M Coban adhesive bandages which are available in 4 sizes. Other choices of outer-layer bandaging including, BSN-Jobst Cover-Roll Stretch Adhesive Bandage, Comprilan, Elastomull, Tubifast, Tubigrip, and the Hartmann-Conoco Eze-Band, which is an Ace Bandage-type of product with easy-to-secure loop-and-hook fasteners.
Midtown Health offers a full line of orthopedic products, including post-surgical shoes and boots.