*Also sold by the individually dressing.
It is important to always contact your physician and or wound specialist before starting any wound care therapy.
Additional Product Information as Provided by the Manufacturer:
Mepitel is a wound-contact layer that can be left in place for up to 10 days depending on the condition of the wound. The long wear time of Mepitel reduces the necessity for frequent primary dressing changes. The porous structure of Mepitel allows exudate to pass into an outer absorbent dressing. The Safetac layer prevents the outer dressing from sticking to the wound and ensures atraumatic dressing changes. The Safetac layer seals around the wound edges and prevents exudate from leaking onto the surrounding skin, thus minimizing the risk of maceration.
Benefits of Mepitel:
Areas of Use:
Mepitel is designed for a wide range of wounds such as skin tears, skin abrasions, surgical incisions, second degree burns, blisters, lacerations, partial and full thickness grafts, diabetic ulcers, and venous and arterial ulcers.
Instructions for Use:
2. Choose a size of Mepitel that covers the wound and the surrounding skin by at least 1 cm. Mepitel can be cut to size, if needed, before removing the protective films. If more than one piece of Mepitel is required, overlap the dressings, making sure that the pores are not blocked.
3. While holding the larger protective film, remove the smaller one. Moisten gloves to avoid adherence to Mepitel.
4. Apply Mepitel over the wound. Smooth Mepitel in place onto the surrounding skin, ensuring a good seal.
5. Remove the remaining protective film. Where clinically indicated, treatments such as topical steroids, topical antimicrobials or hydrogels can be applied over the top of or under Mepitel.
6. Apply a secondary absorbent dressing pad on top of Mepitel. In contoured or jointed areas (e.g., under arm, under breast, inner elbow, groin, deep wounds), ensure sufficient padding is applied to keep the Mepitel held flat against the surface of the wound.
7. Fix in place with a suitable fixation device. Mepitel can be used under compression bandages.
Frequency of Change:
Mepitel can be left in place for up to 10 days depending on the condition of the wound (exudate should pass freely through the dressing and the pores should not be blocked). If saturated, the secondary absorbent dressing pad should be changed with the Mepitel left in place. Mepitel is a single use dressing. If the condition of the wound deteriorates unexpectedly, consult a healthcare professional for the appropriate medical treatment.
When Mepitel is used on burns treated with meshed grafts or after facial resurfacing imprints can occur if the product is not used properly.
Overnight or 2nd Day shipping is available on this item at an additional charge. View full Shipping and Delivery Policy.
This item will ship either UPS or USPS. Please provide a shipping address that can accept deliveries from either service.
Returns and Exchanges: You may return this item as long as it has been unopened and unused. Please carefully package your return to protect the product and the packaging. View Return Policy
While we cannot administer medical advice, our Customer Service Team members are available to assist you with the ordering of Mepilex Ag or other medical supplies. Our toll-free number is 1-866-774-9513 Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm CST (7:00 am to 3:00 pm PST / 10:00 am to 6:00 pm EST). If you prefer to correspond by email, our address is email@example.com.
Many of our customers have reported excellent results using Puracyn OTC (formerly named Microcyn OTC). Puracyn OTC is an innovative new approach to wound care promoting faster healing time. It is a non-irritating, pH-balanced wound cleanser for minor cuts, burns, irritations, and superficial abrasions of the skin.
After the wound has closed, proven scar treatments such as Cica-Care, Mepiform, or Kelo-Cote will improve the appearance of scars and prevent abnormal or excessive scar formation. Always consult your physician or wound care specialist before starting any wound care treatment program.