Note From Midtown Health's Customer Service Department:
It is important to always contact your physician and or wound specialist before starting any wound care therapy.
Additional Product Features as provided by the manufacturer:
Mepilex Ag is an antimicrobial soft silicone foam dressing that absorbs exudate and maintains a moist wound environment. Mepilex Ag begins inactivating wound related pathogens1 within 30 minutes of application to the wound, with sustained effect up to 7 days. By reducing the number of microorganisms, Mepilex Ag may also reduce odor.
Mepilex Ag is designed for a wide range of exuding wounds such as leg and foot ulcers, pressure ulcers and partial thickness burns. Mepilex Ag may be used under compression bandaging.
Benefits of Mepilex Ag
- Minimizes pain and trauma at dressing changes
- Stays in place allowing for "hands-free" to facilitate application of compression and retention bandages
- Can be cut to suit varuious wound shapes and difficult-to-dress locations
- Promotes patient comfort during wear
- Can remain in place for several days depending on the condition of the wound
- Can be lifted and adjusted without losing its adherent properties
- Low potential for skin irritation and allergy
Mepilex Ag combines the unique features of Safetac technology with the bacteria reducing power of silver. Mepilex Ag goes to work quickly, inactivating wound pathogens within 30 minutes and for up to 7 days. At dressing removal, Mepilex Ag does not stick to the wound or strip surrounding skin, minimising patient pain and wound trauma.
Minimizing trauma and pain
Mepilex Ag hurts less by:
- not adhering to the moist wound bed
- eliminating skin stripping
- sealing the wound margins to prevent maceration
Reducing bacterial burden
Mepilex Ag in action:
- inactivates wound pathogens within 30 minutes
- inactivates wound pathogens up to 7 days
- inactivates a broad range of pathogens, including MRSA
Exudate management and other benefits
Mepilex Ag features many more important benefits:
- excellent conformability for better
- patient comfort and dressing fit
- good exudate management properties
- can be cut to suit various wound sizes and difficult-to-dress areas
Mepilex Ag is an antimicrobial soft silicone foam dressing that is designed for the management of low to moderately exuding wounds such as leg and foot ulcers, pressure ulcers and partial thickness burns.
Mepilex Ag is not for every patient but for those with wounds that do not heal normally. If the bacterial influence is too high it needs to be reduced in order not to interfere with the wound healing. Common signs of high bacterial influence are shown below:
- Increasing exudate
- Signs of pseudonomas
- Spreading redness
- Wound healing does not progress normally
- Spreading redness
- Patient in pain
- Increased skin temperature
- Mepilex Ag is available in a wide range of sizes
Mepilex Ag by the box ships for FREE!
Overnight or 2nd Day shipping is available on this item at an additional charge. View full Shipping and Delivery Policy.
This item will ship either UPS or USPS. Please provide a shipping address that can accept deliveries from either service.
Returns and Exchanges: You may return this item as long as it has been unopened and unused. Please carefully package your return to protect the product and the packaging. View Return Policy
While we cannot administer medical advice, our Customer Service Team members are available to assist you with the ordering of wound care or other medical supplies. Our toll-free number is 1-866-774-9513 Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm CST (7:00 am to 3:00 pm PST / 10:00 am to 6:00 pm EST). If you prefer to correspond by email, our address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mepilex™ Ag is also available in additional sizes: 4x8, 6x6, and 8x8. Smith & Nephew's Acticoat is a similar product containing silver, however, Mepilex Ag offers additional features and is less expensive. We carry the regular line of Mepilex products, such as Mepilex Sacrum and Mepilex Border.
Many of our customers have reported excellent results using Puracyn OTC (formerly named Microcyn OTC). Puracyn OTC is an innovative new approach to wound care promoting faster healing time. It is a non-irritating, pH-balanced wound cleanser for minor cuts, burns, irritations, and superficial abrasions of the skin.
After the wound has closed, proven scar treatments such as Cica-Care, Mepiform, or Kelo-Cote will improve the appearance of scars and prevent abnormal or excessive scar formation. Always consult your physician or wound care specialist before starting any wound care treatment program.
We also carry supplies for compression wrapping such as Comprilan, Elastoplast, and Jobst Cover-Roll.