Mepilex Border is specifically designed to provide an excellent fit to the wound and body contours. Mepilex Border does not adhere to moist wound beds but adheres gently to dry, intact surrounding skin tissue utilizing the unique Safetac technology.
Recommended areas of use:
- Moderate to highly exuding wounds
- Pressure ulcers
- Leg and foot ulcers
- Traumatic wounds (e.g., skin tears and secondary healing wounds)
Manufacturer's suggested wear time: Up to 7 days.
Always consult your physician before starting any wound care regimen.Additional Product InformationBenefits of Mepilex Border
- Does not adhere to moist wound beds
- Adheres gently and securely to dry, intact surrounding size
- Atraumatic to the wound and surrounding skin on removal
- Maintains a moist wound environment
- Minimizes the risk of maceration
- Promotes patient comfort during wear
- Moisture proof and bacteria proof film backing
How Mepilex Border Works
- Safetac layer - impedes horizontal leakage
- Absorption layer - ensures quick and effective absorption
- Spreading layer - spreads the exudate into the retention layer
- Retention layer - impedes exudate from being pushed back into the skin to reduce the risk of maceration
- Backing film - highly breathable; moisture and bacteria proof to protet the wound from outer contamination.
Safetac technology is less painful because it:
1) tacks gently to dry surfaces, like skin, but not to moist surfaces, such as open wounds
2) molds to the skinÍs pores, covering more skin surface and spreading peel forces on removal to prevent skin stripping
3) seals the wound margins, ensuring exudate does not spread to the surrounding skin and minimizing maceration
Safetac technologyÍs soft silicone molds to the skinÍs uneven surface pores, while other adherents simply stick to the tops on the skinÍs surface.
This molding action is the secret to why Safetac technology is so effective at minimizing pain and preventing maceration.
BorderTransparent & more discreteLess friction against clothes and bed linensSecure fixation
Moisture and Bacteria Proof Film BackingProtects from outer contaminationHigh MVTR
Safetac Soft Silicone LayerAtraumatic to wound and surrounding skinMinimizes maceration riskLess trauma and pain for patient
Improved Fluid HandlingReduces risk for leakage and maceration
Orders over $50 ship for FREE!
Overnight or 2nd Day shipping is available on this item at an additional charge. View full Shipping and Delivery Policy.
This item will ship either UPS or USPS. Please provide a shipping address that can accept deliveries from either service.
Returns and Exchanges: You may return this item as long as it has been unopened and unused. Please carefully package your return to protect the product and the packaging. View Return Policy
While we cannot administer medical advice, our Customer Service Team members are available to assist you with the ordering of wound care products or other medical supplies. Our toll-free number is 1-866-774-9513 Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm CST (7:00 am to 3:00 pm PST / 10:00 am to 6:00 pm EST). If you prefer to correspond by email, our address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mepilex® Border Dressing is available in many sizes and specialty shapes. We carry the entire line of Mepilex products, such as Mepilex Sacrum, Mepilex Border, and Mepilex AG with silver.
Midtown Health offers high quality Pacifica Exam Gloves to be worn while cleaning the wound and changing dressings. After consulting your physician, products such as Blairex Sterile Wound Wash Saline or Sea-Clens are good options for wound cleansing. Many of our customers have reported excellent results using Puracyn Skin and Wound Cleanser OTC (formerly Microcyn OTC). Puracyn OTC is an innovative new approach to wound care promoting faster healing time. It is a non-irritating, pH-balanced wound cleanser for minor cuts, burns, irritations, and superficial abrasions of the skin.
After the wound has closed, proven scar treatments such as Cica-Care, Mepiform, or Kelo-Cote will improve the appearance of scars and prevent abnormal or excessive scar formation. Always consult your physician or wound care specialist before starting any wound care treatment program.
We also carry supplies for compression wrapping such as Comprilan, Elastoplast, and Jobst Cover-Roll.