Note From Midtown Health's Customer Service Department:
It is important to always contact your physician or wound specialist before starting any wound care therapy.
Additional Information as Provided by the Manufacturer
Mepilex Transfer is a thin and highly conformable foam dressing that absorbs exudate and maintains a moist wound environment. The Safetac layer seals around the wound edges which prevents exudate from leaking onto the surrounding skin, thus minimizing the risk for maceration. As the Safetac layer seals around the wound, the foam structure of Mepilex Transfer allows the exudate to move vertically into a secondary absorbent pad, maintaining a moist wound environment. The Safetac layer ensures atraumatic dressing changes. Mepilex Transfer can be cut to suit various wound shapes and locations.
Benefits of Mepilex Transfer
- minimizes pain and trauma at dressing changes
- transfers exudate away from the wound
- stays in place allowing for quick and easy application of compression or retention bandages
- promotes patient comfort; thin and very comfortable to wear
- may be left in place during radiotherapy using commonly applied energy ranges and absorbed doses
- well suited to be used under compression bandages
- may be cut to suit various wound shapes and difficult-to-dress locations
- may remain in place for several days depending on the condition of the wound
- may be lifted and adjusted without losing its adherent properties
- low potential for skin irritation and allergy
Areas of use:
Mepilex Transfer is designed for a wide range of exuding wounds such as fungating tumors, epidermolysis Bullosa (EB), donor sites, venous leg ulcers. Mepilex Transfer can also be used as a protective layer on non-exuding wounds and/or large areas with fragile skin.
Instructions for use
1. Cleanse the wound in accordance with normal procedures.
2. Dry the surrounding skin to assure optimal contact with Mepilex Transfer.
3. Remove the release films and apply Mepilex Transfer with the adherent side to the wound.
4. Mepilex Transfer sizes 6" x 8" and 8" x 20" should overlap the dry surrounding skin by at least 5 cm in order to protect the surrounding skin from maceration and excoriation and fixate the dressing securely.
5. Apply an appropriate secondary dressing to maintain a moist wound environment:
For non-exuding to lightly exuding wounds, use a breathable film dressing for fixation.
For moderately to highly exuding wounds, use a secondary absorbent dressing on top of Mepilex Transfer.
Fixate Mepilex Transfer and the secondary dressing with a bandage or other fixation.
6. If required, Mepilex Transfer can be cut.
Frequency of change
Mepilex Transfer may be left in place for several days depending on the condition of the wound and the surrounding skin, or as indicated by accepted clinical practice. A change in dressing regimen can result in an initial change in the level of wound exudate. On infected wounds the dressing should be changed at least daily until infection is controlled.
Mepilex Transfer should be stored in dry conditions below 95ÁF (35ÁC). If exposed to direct sunlight, Mepilex Transfer may discolor, although this will not adversely affect the dressing.
Sterility is guaranteed unless inner package is damaged or opened prior to use. Do not re-sterilize.
Mepilex Transfer Dressings ship for FREE!
Overnight or 2nd Day shipping is available on this item at an additional charge. View full Shipping and Delivery Policy.
This item will ship either UPS or USPS. Please provide a shipping address that can accept deliveries from either service.
Returns and Exchanges: You may return this item as long as it has been unopened and unused. Please carefully package your return to protect the product and the packaging. View Return Policy
While we cannot administer medical advice, our Customer Service Team members are available to assist you with the ordering of Mepilex Transfer Dressings or other medical supplies. Our toll-free number is 1-866-774-9513 Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm CST (7:00 am to 3:00 pm PST / 10:00 am to 6:00 pm EST). If you prefer to correspond by email, our address is email@example.com.
Mepilex® Transfer is available in two sizes: 6" x 8" and 8" x 20". We carry the entire line of Mepilex products, such as Mepilex Sacrum, Mepilex Border, and Mepilex AG with silver.
Midtown Health offers high quality Pacifica Exam Gloves to be worn while cleaning the wound and changing dressings. After consulting your physician, products such as Blairex Sterile Wound Wash Saline or Sea-Clens are good options for wound cleansing. Many of our customers have reported excellent results using Puracyn Skin and Wound Cleanser OTC (formerly Microcyn OTC). Puracyn OTC is an innovative new approach to wound care promoting faster healing time. It is a non-irritating, pH-balanced wound cleanser for minor cuts, burns, irritations, and superficial abrasions of the skin.
After the wound has closed, proven scar treatments such as Cica-Care, Mepiform, or Kelo-Cote will improve the appearance of scars and prevent abnormal or excessive scar formation. Always consult your physician or wound care specialist before starting any wound care treatment program.
We also carry supplies for compression wrapping such as Comprilan, Elastoplast, and Jobst Cover-Roll.